Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Booger's Monday (Tuesday) NASCAR Fantasy Update: Richmond (Spring) Race



TOYOTA Owners 400
Richmond International Raceway
Richmond, Virginia | Sunday, April 24, 2016
TV: FOX | TIME: 1 PM EST



As Bill Belichek once said, "We're on to Cincinnati." Well, replace Cincinnati with Richmond and there you have what I have to say about last week. Another, shitty week for the Dick Trickle Fantasy team of the Grand Forks Racing League. Now, I know it doesn't help when Kyle Busch wrecked 3 times, the 3rd time being a charm and giving that team their first DNF of the year. Ty Dillon got into trouble late (of freaking course) he was running well all day too. Ryan Newman finished 9th and was my lone bright shiny star. Congratulations is due to Matt DiBenedetto for recording a 6th place finish for the small racing team of BK Racing. Dale Jr. battled back from a horrible restart and Clint Bowyer got his first top 10 of the season. Good Riddance did I miss on this week. But we have a long ways to go. SO here are my picks for this weekends TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond.



GROUP A- Kurt Busch
Now, its going to be tough for anyone to go with someone other than Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin or Matt Kenseth. But I'm going to this week in order for me to dig out of the hole from last week. Kurt Busch is the defending race winner, in which he did so in dominating fashion. Kurt led 291 laps and was up front all day. Coming of a 3rd place finish at Bristol could get this team to start challenging the JGR cars. I like my odds with the OUTLAW and you should to.


Joey Logano
Joey is consistently running well, recording his 5th top 10 this season at Bristol last weekend and hasn't had much drama on the track. Logano started from the pole in this race a year ago (he swept qualifying at this track last year) He ended the day leading 94 laps and a 5th place finish in last years race. He is due for a W.


OTHER PICK: Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick , Matt Kenseth


GROUP B- Carl Edwards
They call him Concrete Carl, but Richmond is a paved race track. He dominated at Bristol, and could very well do the same thing this week. Watch for Cousin Carl to also get his 3rd consecutive pole at Richmond.

AJ Allmendinger
My buddy in my other league has been on the Dinger's bandwagon for weeks, and its really paying off for him. I'm going to jump on as well, even though he doesn't necessarily run well here. He has been up front a lot this year and so far has been a surprise in 2016. Don't get to carried with his starts, there are 2 road courses coming and he's a safe bet there.

Kasey Kahne and Clint Bowyer
Let the gambling begin. Clint Bowyer is coming off his first Top 10 of the year and I have said it before and I'll say it again, drivers get confidence after a good run. As I said with Kasey Kahne and few weeks prior.

OTHER PICKS: Kyle Larson, Ryan Newman, Martin Truex, Jamie McMurray

GROUP C- Chase Elliot and Brian Vickers
Now I need to see what happens this week with Matt DiBenedetto before I jump on that bandwagon, but he is definitely on the radar for weeks to come. Chase Elliot continues to impress me. Ryan Blaney has sort of fallen in the last weeks, but don't think that will continue. Brian Vickers is back in Tony Stewarts #14 and actually runs pretty well here as well. Either one will be a good fit on your team especially Elliot.


Well there we have it, another week in the books and on to the next one. Would like to take this moment to remember a good family friend that passed away Saturday. He was an awesome guy and is gone to soon. So with that, GOD SPEED DON AKER. Forever Missed and REST IN PARADISE!







1 comment:

  1. Something tells me it is Danica Patrick's time to make a mark. For some reason I feel a good finish (Top 10) for the girl is here.

    ReplyDelete