Monday, April 25, 2016

Booger's Monday NASCAR Fantasy Update: Talladega spring race Edition



Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega, Alabama
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
1:00 PM Est. | FOX

April 26, 1990 @ 1:03 AM, this guy was born. That weekend Geoffrey Bodine won the Hanes Activewear 500 at Martinsville. Rusty Wallace was runner up and Morgan Shepherd, Darrell Waltrip, and Dale Earnhardt rounded out the top 5. How did I know that you may wonder? Because I was pretty damn awesome at 3 days old and google has been invented since then. Talladega Superspeedway is on my bucket list of tracks to get to. Hell I'm only 26 so there is a damn good chance that may happen.(if I win the lottery that is.) As for last week, I came in 4th place, and as for points I remain tail end Charlie. But, it was an entertaining race at Richmond, I can't remember the last time there was multiple grooves there. We had another dominate effort by the Joe Gibbs Racing stable, and teammates got together on the last lap. That's old time racing folks at its finest. Yes these guys race for teams and have teammates but that's what makes NASCAR different from stick and ball sports is that they will wreck their teammates to get to victory lane. I jumped and gambled on the bandwagon of AJ Allmendinger and it didn't work out well for me as he was my only downfall. Kasey Kahne ran well, as did Kurt Busch (who looked like he could have been a threat for the win in the middle portion of the race. And the Rookie impressed as Chase Elliot came back from a lap down to finish 12th. Well, on to my picks for this weekends Geico 500 from TALLADEGA!!


Group A- Dale Earnhardt Jr.
You surprised? I'm 100% positive that JR will be on everyone's roster this week. He is so damn good here, and Daytona. Its almost not even fair when they get to Dega and unload. He is everyone's pick to win and he will be mine this weekend. Dale Jr will get himself into the 2016 Chase with a win this Sunday. Plus he will be driving his favorite car Amelia, as his team has repaired and got it ready for this weekend (he wrecked it at Daytona in February.)

Brad Keselowski
You may not label BK as a restrictor plate racer, and possibly he doesn't either. But BK runs well here and has 3 wins all time here, including that exciting finish he and Carl Edwards had back in 2009. In 14 attempts along with those 3 wins he has 5 top 5s and 8 top 10s. Now stats don't really matter here, but you have to go with the guy that's going to stay clean and clear of the BIG ONE. There is not one chance I pick him to start but, I guess you have to have 2 guys on your roster.

Group B- Clint Bowyer
Now this week is where you are going to get extremely lucky. A couple years back I started David Ragan, everybody I knew told me I was crazy for starting him and he went onto win the race in the biggest upset of that year. Same could be said this week, only difference is Clint is a good restrictor plate racer. He has 2 wins here 6 top5s and 11 top10s. His year is off to a slow start but because Dega is such a crapchute, anything is possible.

Paul Menard
The biggest part about this weekend is to find that 1 guy or 2 guys that are good restrictor plate racers that no one knows about or won't think about picking them. Paul Menard runs fairly well here and is in some good equipment. Its tough to think of something good to say because here the best slogan to describe dega with is, "Its checkers or wreckers!" You just hope these guys make it through and problems and get good finishes (or else you will look like an idiot).

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
With my 2 biggest gambles of the weekend we start with Stenhouse. In 5 races he has 1top5 and 3top10, that's pretty decent for such a young career. Again, you could get lucky with this pick.

Trevor Bayne
My 2nd biggest gamble for the week is this guy. Who can't forget his Daytona 500 victory? I can't I picked him that year and again I got the are you freaking nuts there no flipping way. If I was old enough I would've put money on him in Vegas. He runs horrible here, but has been running well as of late.

WHOELSE2WATCH4- Jamie McMurray, Biffle, Casey Mears

Group C- David Ragan
This will be the first weekend this year I don't pick a rookie. I love that there are 40 cars that could win this weekend. Anything could happen in this race. David Ragan won this race back in 2013 and he is a restrictor plate racer with his only wins coming here and Daytona. I do like my odds with this pick.

Michael Waltrip
Waltrip is back behind the wheel this weekend, and why not pick him. He has 1 win 8 top5s, 16 top10s and its really any ones race. Depending on where you wind up in the closing laps if you are around. Remember back in 2012 he just about won the fall race but was taken out in turn 3 and 4 by a Tony Stewart block. I also feel safe with this pick as well.

NOTE: Another guy to look out for is Ryan Blaney, he ran very well here last year and I believe he finished 3rd.

There we have it. This week is going to be tough for anyone to pick even the experts. No I didn't pick Danica for the 5th weekend in a row. (Ron, I Apologize) Good Luck and Thank you for your continued support!


BOOGER



No comments:

Post a Comment