Monday, April 4, 2016

Booger's Monday Fantasy Update- Texas Spring Race Edition

Texas Motor Speedway
Fort Worth, Texas | Saturday, April 9th, 2016
4:30 PM EST | FOX


I don't know who is more excited to get to Texas, Denny Hamlin or Me. I totally failed yesterday in all of my picks. My lone shiny star of the race was Brian Vickers who was a pre race change just because I heard Michael Waltrip mention his name on the grid walk. Other then that I left JJ on the bench, Denny wheel hopped my chances into the wall, Jamie Mc blew a tire at the end and Truex (well I told you he averages 15th-17th) he finished 18th. I am on to Texas though and hope to gain some of my pride back. Every week gets tougher as now we will see who the comers and goers are. Kyle Busch swept the weekend and did something very cool on his drive home. Love or hate the guy that's pretty awesome, if you haven't seen the video check it out here.

On to my picks, my competitors in my Yahoo league if they read this are probably just laughing. I  totally stunk it up yesterday and got my ass whooped, didn't even score 200 points. I know its a shame, no need to go for jugular right away after a lousy week. This is such a crap shoot, a blown tire there and blown tire everywhere can definitely doom you but what can you do? You can't press pause and Restart. SO here are my picks.

Group A-

JIMMIE JOHNSON-
Now if you don't start him this week, I will throat punch you through the interwebs. The man is on fire at Texas, winning 5 times in his last 7 starts. The dude loves Texas, more then George W. Its safe to say that if he qualifies horrible, don't be alarmed he will be up to the front in no time. That stuff I said about him getting notes for the chase, yeah crumple that up like its a flunked test in college. The guy would have 4 wins in a row there if it wasn't for his teammate Dale Jr trying to mow the front stretch grass with his splitter. (A clump came up and broke JJs windshield) The man is going to win his 6th race in his last 8 starts Saturday Night. Mark it down, Good freaking night.

BRAD KESELOWSKI-
In the last 4 races, no one comes close to the consistency that he has at Texas (no really Brad's 1 and Jimmie is 2). He dominated the November race last year leading 312 laps of 334. Texas is one of BKs best tracks, even dominates the Xfinity Series here. In the last 4 races he has led 446 laps recording 3 top 5s and 3 top 10s. Behind Jimmie, he's another guy to watch for this weekend, just really feel safer with going with JJ.

WHO(ELSE)2WATCH4-  MATT KENSETH, KYLE BUSCH, KEVIN HARVICK, AND JOEY LOGANO

Group B-

GREG BIFFLE-

I know what your thinking, oh here we go again. But I'm here to tell you, I'm trusting my gut feeling on this guy this week. After a 12th place finish at Martinsville, and going to one of his best tracks he may have gotten the confidence from last weeks finish to run well this weekend. Not going to be a factor for the win I don't think but is going to get a good finish. In 25 races, the Biffs average finish is 14.88, with 2 wins, 8 top5s, and 13 top10s. In the last 4 races the finishes don't show but I really think the confidence off a good finish will help the Biff.

CARL EDWARDS-

Cousin Carl has been fortunate to do his victory back flip 3 times here at Texas, winning 3 times in 22 starts. He finished 5th there last fall and 10th in this race a year ago. From the looks of it he's consistently finishing near or around the top10. With JGR power though anything is possible, all 4 of Gibbs cars are running well. And having Carl or Matt means, they need a win to get into the chase yet, (Kyle and Denny already are in the chase)

MARTIN TRUEX JR.-

Here is another guy that could potentially battle for a win. Furniture Row is allianced with JGR motors. Last fall he battled Brad Keselowski late for the win, when he lost power steering and fought his way to an 8th place finish. In the spring of 2015 he finished 9th. So consistency is the word here with Truex, could possibly battle for a win, but will be a safe bet he will give you a top 10 finish.

JAMIE McMURRAY-

Here's that word again, CONSISTENCY. Finished 10th last fall and 6th in this race a year ago. Throughout his career, his numbers don't really stick out to you. Barring any tire troubles this week, I believe he will quietly hang around the top 10 this week and not disappoint. The bright spot is I really think Ganassi Racing is finding its groove. (Kyle Larson finished 4th yesterday)

WHO(ELSE)2WATCH4- KYLE LARSON, PAUL MENARD, AUSTIN DILLON, AJ ALLMENDINGER

Group C-

CHASE ELLIOT & RYAN BLANEY

I'm going with the rookies this week. Besides Brian Vickers run at Martinsville, there is no one else in this group that is even worth a risk. (Until we get to Talladega) Elliot has never ran a NSCS race at Texas, in the Xfinity Series he has 2 top5s 4 top10s and 1 win in 4 events. He won his first ever Xfinity race at Texas. Ryan Blaney has run 2 races with the NSCS both coming last season. Though he didn't fair to well in either of them (Engine problems and Blown tire into the wall) look for him to continue his awesome season. Look for both these guys to continue their sensational rookie seasons.
















There we have it, another week in the books. I hope to salvage the little pride I have left from my horrible weekend. Feel free to comment on what you think and remember criticism is only constructive to help me make this better. THANK YOU for your support.


GOD SPEED


BOOGER

No comments:

Post a Comment